How to make Google your homepage in Mozilla Firefox
Setting a special homepage (also called a start page) on your Mozilla Firefox is one of the most popular features for customization. With the function enabled, you will get a quick and easy access to your favorite/most frequently visited web-sites within a single click. Find out how to set homepage on Mozilla Firefox in a detailed manual below.
We would like to offer some detailed tips with pictures and try to make Google your homepage in Mozilla Firefox as an example of successful customization.
How can you easily set homepage on Mozilla Firefox?
A.Drag and drop method
The simplest method to setup a new starting web-site is to use drag and drop function of your browser.
- Visit the desirable web-site using your browser
- Drag and drop the opened tab to the home icon.
- You can find the opened tab at the top of the browser’s window. It usually has a special icon and title.
- The home icon is situated to the right of the address bar. If you cannot find it, select Customize and drag the needed icon to the toolbar.
- Confirm your decision by clicking Yes in the pop-up window.
B.Preferences menu method
In case the first method is not working, you can try another way to setup your Google start page.
Now you can easily change your homepage using a blank space in the Home Page section. There are 3 ways to set your start web-site here:
- Just type the needed URL into the blank space. If you want several pages to be opened when you start Firefox, separate several URLs with the following symbol: |.
- Choose Use Current Pages to setup all of your currently opened tabs to launch when you start Mozilla Firefox.
- Choose Use Bookmark, if you want to setup any of your bookmarks as the home page.
- Choose Restore to Default in case you want to return to the default browser start page.