How to make Mozilla Firefox faster
Mozilla Firefox is one of the fastest browsers worldwide. Millions of customers prefer this program because of its high performance, numerous tools and super-fast download speed. However, sometimes it can get a little bit slower without any apparent reason. Below are some tips on how to make Mozilla Firefox faster within a few moments.
How can you speed up Mozilla Firefox?
- Refresh your browser
Refreshing is one of the most effective ways to make your browser working much faster. This command is developed to bring all the settings to their default values. However, you do not need to worry about your Bookmarks, Browsing History, Auto-Fill info, Passwords, Opened Tabs or Windows: all these options will be saved.
In this case, Mozilla will delete your Download History, Website Permissions, Themes and Extensions, Plugin Settings, Social Features and DOM Storage.
To initiate Refresh option you will need to type аbout:support in URL bar of your browser and press enter. Then you will find a button Refresh to click.
- Remove your browser history
The best way to keep Firefox quick and stable is to delete your browser history at least once a week. This will clear both cookies and cache.
If you decide to delete your history, go to Menu – History. Then choose Clear Recent History - Select Everything and Clear Now.
- Enable HTTP Cache
This method allows you deleting numerous browser slowness issues, such as UI lags. To launch the process, follow these simple steps:
- type аbout:config in your browser’s URL bar and press enter
- type browser.cache.use_new_backend in search field
- click on its option and set it to 1.
Pipelining allows sending numerous requests to web server per moment. Let’s set up this option.
- type аbout:config in the URL and Enter
- find out network.http.pipelining configs
- find a special search box below URL bar and type network.http.pipelining
- go to network.http.pipelining
- network.http.pipelining configs need to be set to True
- set network.http.pipelining.ssl and network.http.pipelining.aggressive to True. Also change network.http.pipelining.maxrequests from 32 to 8.
- Safe Mode
Safe Mode is a special feature of Mozilla Firefox that allows disabling plugin and themes of your browser to increase its speed performance.
When you browse in this mode, your themes and plugin cannot affect your browsing.
- Enable Adblock Plus
Adblock Plus is a well-known feature that can help you to block advertisement that usually requires additional time for loading the web page.
All these tips will help you to increase download speed in Mozilla Firefox. However, if it still slow, you might need to uninstall Firefox and install its newest version on your machine. Another great way to speed up you browser is to upgrade your PC hardware.